College days are said to be the golden days of our lives. It can be a few years back that you have bid adieu to your college life where you had produced some of your most beautiful memories, but it may seem just like yesterday when you were still enjoying your burger and cold drink with your gang in the midst of the open sun-bathed college campus.
College reunions provide a great opportunity to rejuvenate and relive the old memories, catch up with your closest buddies to enjoy those spirit-filled sports seasons and those wild nights.
But pulling of a reunion by bringing together all the classmates is not a cakewalk and this is true even for the most seasoned planners. So here are some mind-blowing tips that will help to organise a dashing reunion that your entire gang will remember for all the good reasons.
- Try to Track the Classmates – You may think that you can track your classmates easily as all of them will be in the social media. But that is not always the case. There are quite a handful of people who may not use the social media. Under such circumstances, you should browse through the phone contacts, your college yearbook and also get in touch with the college. You can get the contact details of your batch mates by inviting your teachers.
- Choose the Date – You should talk with the college authorities to ensure that any of the dates are not clashing with the school-affiliated programs. People are more likely to keep the schedule clear and make arrangements for attending the program the earlier you fix the date. You should consider hosting the event during the homecoming week when most of the alumni make an attempt to be back in the city. The winter or summer breaks are also ideal for you will get more availability of the venue and can even manage to hire your college campus at this time.
- Set the Budget – You can now speak to quite a number of people using Facebook page. Before going any further you should decide the budget for the reunion as lot of things should be paid for. Deciding the budget is vital as everyone should be willing to contribute for the plan to work and keep the budget moderate. But this should be enough for meeting the requirements.
- Deciding the Venue – At the time when a large group of people are going to attend the event it is going to be difficult for fixing a venue. That is why you must fix it in advance. You should have a number of options ready in case the place that you want is not available on the particular date.
- A Theme is Most Coveted – This is one of the most essential part of any event. In fact a party without its theme is like music without a soul. So if you are going to arrange a party to remember, you can think of a lot of themes. Starting from the formal black suit dinner to the much less formal theme like that of a throwback party or college picnic, you can go for any of these to rave up your party. Just keep in mind the kind of audience and their taste a bit at the time of deciding the theme.
- Arrange for the Foods and the Drinks – In order to get everyone hooked you should go for a popular cuisine like Mexican, Italian or Chinese foods. For the starters, you can use the chips and dips and can go for pasta or pizzas as main course. Mock tails and cocktails will be great as drinks. You should finalise the budget according to the cuisine that you choose. In fact, if your budget is not sufficient you can also opt for potluck.
- Class Reunion Decoration Ideas – At the time of decorating for the event you must adhere to the theme that you have chosen. But don’t forget to utilise your school colours. You can go for customised tablecloths, napkins, plates, plasticware and much more. Apart from that you can also arrange for centrepieces, balloon arches and confetti to create a party ambience. Don’t forget to use your school mascot at the event for the desired effect.
- Go for Memorable Giveaways – Arrange for some fun giveaways like a slam book or pictures of college days that will make the attendees feel nostalgic later on. You can also arrange for photo booths and fun props that will give an opportunity to create awesome memories for all the people who attend.
The above are some of the things that if you can keep in mind will help you to throw an awesome college reunion that everyone will love and cherish for many years to come.