June 16, 2021
“For the 2021-22 faculty 12 months, the Point out of Washington has permitted university districts to offer on the web understanding for students who are unable to return to in-particular person learning owing to wellness and security requires. Pursuing these suggestions from OSPI, Lake Washington School District will be providing an on the net solution for the 2021-22 school 12 months.
Students and families that choose this on-line solution will be element of a district-huge school program that is independent from our neighborhood colleges. The university will have its own teachers, applications and systems of support. Learners that just take component in the on the net alternative will be unenrolled from their 2021-22 community or preference college.
On line classes will be aligned to Washington Point out Benchmarks and taught by remarkably competent certificated lecturers. Main educational courses will be offered to all grades with electives accessible to significant school students to help their development on their Substantial College and Over and above Approach. Not all lessons and preference programs can be available in an on the internet finding out model, because of to staffing constraints.
Lake Washington University District On the net Elementary College:
- Grades K-5
- Centered on enrollment, classes may possibly be mixed. For instance, recent enrollment demonstrates that K/1 will be a combined class
- Lessons will be taught by Lake Washington Faculty District teachers.
- The everyday routine will observe the present elementary finding out timetable, with confined asynchronous time every day.
- Attendance will be taken every day.
- Pupils will entry instruction and classes employing Microsoft Teams and OneNote Course Notebook.
- Grades will be posted to Skyward.
- Students and family members may possibly re-enroll in their community or option school throughout the 2021-22 school year or for the get started of the 2022-23 faculty calendar year.
Lake Washington Faculty District On the net Secondary School:
- Grades 6-12
- The on-line school for secondary learners will adhere to the point out suggestions for an Choice Learning Working experience (ALE). Every university student will have a Published Scholar Mastering System that outlines regular ambitions and every month progress. Much more information and facts about an ALE can be uncovered on the OSPI web site at this link: https://www.k12.wa.us/student-accomplishment/learning-choices/substitute-discovering-working experience.
- Courses will be taught by Apex Mastering faculty. Lake Washington Faculty District teachers will serve as learning prepare advisers. Far more information and facts about Apex Mastering Virtual University can be uncovered at this connection: https://www.apexlearningvs.com/.
- Students will take part in weekly synchronous and asynchronous finding out functions.
- Attendance will be taken in accordance to ALE recommendations.
- Students will obtain instruction and lessons by way of the Apex Learning System and by way of Microsoft Groups and OneNote.
- Grades will be posted to Apex Finding out, and final grades will be posted to Skyward.
- College students and people may re-enroll in their community or option university for the duration of the 2021-22 faculty calendar year or for the get started of the 2022-23 college 12 months.
Extra data, together with study course offerings and sample schedules, can be found on the web at https://www.lwsd.org/universities/online-mastering-choice-for-2021-22.
To enroll in the online alternative for the 2021-22 school year, you should comprehensive this enrollment software: http://little bit.ly/LWSDonline2021-22. Applications will have to be been given by June 30, 2021 to make sure suitable staffing and class availability.”