ADRIAN — An Adrian resident is one of two recipients of Siena Heights University’s Outstanding Undergraduate College student Award for 2021.
Delaney Stersic of Adrian and Kendrick Green of Grand Blanc had been named the 2021 Superb Undergraduate Scholar Award winners. The award, according to a news release, is the university’s optimum honor specified to undergraduate college students in the School of Arts and Sciences who depict the university’s finest in curricular and co-curricular accomplishments through their faculty career.
Stersic graduated in May possibly with a bachelor’s degree in communications. She is a graduate of Madison Significant College. In the course of her time at Siena Heights, she was a peer mentor, community security dispatcher and a two-time All-American National Affiliation of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) monitor and discipline scholar-athlete. She completed an internship in the university’s promoting office in the spring, and she also earned the Outstanding Scholar Award in the Humanities Division.
Stersic programs to go after her master’s degree in increased schooling at the College of Michigan, and will try to wander on to the university’s observe and subject team.
Inexperienced also is a 2021 spring graduate from SHU, earning his bachelor’s degree and double majoring in law and politics, and Spanish. In the winter of 2020, he examined overseas at Universidad Veritas in San Jose, Costa Rica.
On campus, he was a resident assistant, a member of the university’s soccer group and the treasurer, vice president and eventual president of the Guys of Difference pupil corporation. He was a Pupil Lifetime Division award receiver for servant leadership, and was SHU’s recipient of the 2021 Martin Luther King Jr. University student Support Scholarship.
He also served as a 2021 commencement college student speaker for the Higher education of Arts and Sciences.
Other students recognized by the university this spring involve:
- Sister Eileen Rice Award for Remarkable Educating: Eric Kos.
- Thomas Emmet Award (major junior student-athletes): Lauren Southworth (women’s soccer) Kole Murlin (soccer).
- Staff Tutorial Award: Women’s soccer.
- Small business and Management Division Superb Pupil: Addyson Tomczak.
- Pc, Mathematics and the Sciences Division Excellent Learners: Marcia Hawkins-Day and Dustin Lennox.
- Instructor Training Division Superb Learners: Kayla Kormos and Matelyn Yarbrough.
- Humanities Division Remarkable Pupils: Delaney Stersic and Carri Jane Tenniswood.
- Nursing Division Superb Pupils: Cheyenne Tule and Jessica Niebauer.
- Social Sciences Division Excellent Pupils: Danielle Nowak and Haylie Curtiss.
- Visible and Undertaking Arts Division Fantastic University student: Isabelle Pioch.
- St. Catherine of Alexandria Award (for junior management and service): Aileen Pena.
- Sister Jean Cecile Hunt Remarkable Advising Award: Paget Clark.
- More Mile Award: Cindy Birdwell.
- Workers Excellence Awards: Cindy Anderson and Lori Timmis.
- Jack Bologna Innovative Educating Award: Anthony Farina.
- Personnel Emeritae: Cindy Anderson and Michael Fink.